Mr. DJ Jeyaram provides legal services to a wide variety of healthcare providers including physicians, hospitals, nursing homes, and Medicaid waiver providers. Mr. Jeyaram concentrates in healthcare regulatory matters, primarily in administrative appeals, Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement, and program integrity audits and investigations.
Mr. Jeyaram has significant experience appearing before the Composite State Medical Board and the Department of Community Health, representing more than 70 providers against state audit and recoupment actions. In addition, he has represented several healthcare providers before the Office of Regulatory Services and the federal Department of Health and Human Services. Mr. Jeyaram’s practice also includes assisting clients with Stark, Anti-kickback issues, Certificate of Need (CON), Letters of Non-Reviewability (LNR), acquisition and opposition, as well as negotiating business, employment and contractual relationships between healthcare providers.
Prior to establishing his own practice, Mr. Jeyaram was with large firms’ healthcare groups. In addition, Mr. Jeyaram’s experience includes serving as the Deputy Director for Legal Services with the Georgia Department of Community Health and as a Georgia Administrative Law Judge with the Office of State Administrative Hearings.
While an Administrative Law Judge, Mr. Jeyaram’s cases centered on Medicaid/DCH provider reimbursement, and he had primary responsibility for all healthcare provider litigation including program integrity issues, medical necessity and utilization review.
Today, Mr. Jeyaram offers clients big law firm expertise at more affordable rates with a higher degree of client service.
Mr. Jeyaram is admitted as an Attorney and Counselor of the United States Supreme Court. Mr. Jeyaram has also been recognized by his peers with the AV Peer Review Rating, which identifies a lawyer with “very high to preeminent legal ability, is a reflection of the firm’s expertise, experience, integrity and overall professional excellence.” Further, Mr. Jeyaram has been recognized in Georgia’s Legal Leaders’ magazine as a “Top Rated Lawyer.”
Mr. Jeyaram’s legal expertise includes:
- Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement, litigation, and appeals
- Recovery Audit Contractor (RAC) appeals
- Zone Program Integrity Contractor (ZPIC) appeals
- Medicaid Integrity Contractor (MIC) appeals
- Administrative hearings and appeals
- Program integrity audits and investigations
- Business, employment and contractual relationships between healthcare providers
- Physician Licensure
- Certificates of Need (CON)
- Letters of Non-Reviewability (LNR)
- Medical staff governance and credentialing issues
- Compliance with state and federal regulations
- Boston University, B.A., cum laude, 1993
- Emory University, J.D., 1997
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Georgia Bar Association
- California Bar Association
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- FOCUS (Families of Children Under Stress)
- SPADD (Service Providers Association for Developmental Disabilities)
- GMGMA (Georgia Medical Group Management Association)
- National Association of Administrative Law Judiciary (former member)
- Adjunct Faculty Member for Emory Law School’s Trial Techniques Program