Healthcare, Regulatory, Medicaid Appeals Attorney and Judge of Gwinnett County Magistrate Court
Mr. DJ Jeyaram provides legal services to Medicaid Care Management Organizations, healthcare review companies and other healthcare related entities.
Mr. Jeyaram’s legal and judicial experience and expertise uniquely position him in healthcare law.
Jeyaram & Associates is proud to represent 2 of Georgia’s 3 Medicaid Care Management Organizations for the last 10 years.
During that time, the firm has handled several hundred administrative hearings, mediations and arbitrations and has never received an adverse decision for its clients.
Healthcare & Regulatory
Mr. Jeyaram specializes in healthcare regulatory matters, primarily in administrative appeals, Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement, and program integrity audits and investigations.
The firm also assists clients with Stark, Anti-kickback issues, Certificate of Need (CON), Letters of Non-Reviewability (LNR), acquisition and opposition, as well as negotiating business, employment and contractual relationships between healthcare entities.
Extensive experience in hospital and physician reimbursement matters, including cases involving CPT, DRG and InterQual disputes, sets Jeyaram & Associates apart from other Atlanta law firms.
Special Needs Trusts and Medicaid Appeals
In addition, Mr. Jeyaram specializes in special needs trusts, estate planning and guardianships. Mr. Jeyaram has first hand experience with the intricacies of this area of law as he has a special needs son.
Extensive Legal & Judicial Experience
Mr. Jeyaram has significant experience appearing before the Composite State Medical Board and the Department of Community Health, representing CMOs and other healthcare entities in audit and recoupment actions. In addition, he has represented several healthcare providers before the federal Department of Health and Human Services.
Prior to establishing his own practice, Mr. Jeyaram was with large firms’ healthcare groups. In addition, Mr. Jeyaram’s experience includes serving as the Deputy Director for Legal Services with the Georgia Department of Community Health and as a Georgia Administrative Law Judge with the Office of State Administrative Hearings.
While an Administrative Law Judge, Mr. Jeyaram’s cases centered on Medicaid/DCH provider reimbursement, and he had primary responsibility for all healthcare provider litigation including program integrity issues, medical necessity and utilization review. In addition, Mr. Jeyaram serves as a part-time Judge for the Gwinnett County Magistrate Court.
National & Industry Recognition
Mr. Jeyaram is admitted as an Attorney and Counselor of the United States Supreme Court. Mr. Jeyaram has also been recognized by his peers with the AV Peer Review Rating, which identifies a lawyer with “very high to preeminent legal ability, is a reflection of the firm’s expertise, experience, integrity and overall professional excellence.”
Mr. Jeyaram has been recognized in Georgia’s Legal Leaders’ magazine as a “Top Rated Lawyer.” Further, Mr. Jeyaram has been quoted and featured in several national publications including Business News Daily, Who’s Who in Medicaid, Philly.com and Medicaid Part B News.
- Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement, litigation, and appeals
- Recovery Audit Contractor (RAC) appeals
- Zone Program Integrity Contractor (ZPIC) appeals
- Medicaid Integrity Contractor (MIC) appeals
- Administrative hearings and appeals
- Program integrity audits and investigations
- Business, employment and contractual relationships between healthcare providers
- Physician Licensure
- Certificates of Need (CON)
- Letters of Non-Reviewability (LNR)
- Medical staff governance and credentialing issues
- Compliance with state and federal regulations
- Special Needs Trusts
- Estate planning
- Katie Beckett appeals
- NOW/COMP appeals
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Georgia Bar Association
- California Bar Association
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- FOCUS (Families of Children Under Stress)
- SPADD (Service Providers Association for Developmental Disabilities)
- GMGMA (Georgia Medical Group Management Association)
- National Association of Administrative Law Judiciary (former member)
- Adjunct Faculty Member for Emory Law School’s Trial Techniques Program
DJ@Jeylaw.com or 678-325-3872